Last night, God sent a refreshing sweep of cool, crisp air to us in Charlotte. I have been crying out for spiritual refreshment and this abrupt weather change has been a physical evidence of what I’m praying for in my life. This brisk weather came, but only following a roaring, tumultuous storm, which ushered it in.
I often become “weary in well-doing”. I know The Lord warns against this and I pray for His strength to enable me to hold fast to my confession! I do, however, want to be completely spent and empty at the end of my life. I want to use up everything I have for His Kingdom, holding nothing back! In view of this, being “weary” can be a GOOD thing! Of course, He provides exactly what we need.
This report will give you a few reasons for my weariness, but it’s a wholly wonderful weariness!
1. I’ll start with the incredible news that Niosha’s twins, Jerrell and Justice, came home from the hospital earlier than originally anticipated! To remind you, the twins were born 13 weeks prematurely, weighing only 2lb 3.9oz (boy) and 1lb 13oz (girl). God intervened and spared their lives for the second time! They are healthy and whole in every measurable way, at this point. Time will tell more as they continue to develop, but we are all in faith. Again, Niosha thanks you for your prayers on their behalf. She is thrilled to have them home! At their homecoming, Jerrell (boy) weighed 6lb 9oz and Justice (girl) weighed 6lb 5oz. Here is a photo from that glorious day. Jerell is on the left, in blue, and Justice is on the right, in yellow.
2. Denae’s baby boy was born on September 18. Born naturally, little Jy’vire Xazion Damir weighed 7lb 7oz. I reported on Denae and her shower in my last report back in August. Jy’vire was spared from abortion through the ministry efforts of many who pray at the Latrobe clinic and Lisa Metzger, who counseled Denae and her family. They live in the mountains, so this blurry cell phone picture is the best I can show you right now:
3. Three days later, Ciera’s baby girl was born on September 21. Little Caylie Anaya Brielle weighed 7lb 2oz and was 19.5″ long. Ciera reports that she LOVES motherhood and is having a ball. Thankfully, she is getting more sleep than she expected, too! Here are a couple of pictures of Ciera and Caylie:
4. I showered Emelia on August 11, just a few days after my last report went out. Katherine Hearn, sidewalk counselor extraordinaire, had met Emelia at the Hebron Road abortuary last spring. Katherine quickly called Gisela for some Spanish speaking help, and Gisela counseled Emelia over the phone. Emelia’s heart softened, she was moved to tears, and her baby was saved! Truth & Mercy showered Emelia with everything a mom and baby could need, including a brand new crib and mattress and a lavish abundance of other baby items. The Gospel was clearly communicated over lunch, thanks to Gisela’s translation services again! God used all these different people to impart His love, His truth, and His mercy to both Emelia and her boyfriend. Little William David was born on my birthday, September 25. What a treat for me! He weighed 8lb 13oz. Here are photos from the shower and a couple of William, only five hours old:
5. I showered Gwen on August 18. Once again, God used Katherine to intervene and save another life. At the shower, I had the opportunity to meet Gwen’s mother, who is a refugee from Liberia. She escaped a brutal Civil War about 20 years ago. Gwen is only 15 and a highschool freshman. At the shower, Katherine and I took Gwen and her best friend out for dinner. We had a phenomenal opportunity to share Christ with these young teens. It was a divine appointment and I pray God won’t let them forget a word that was spoken. They both have books and materials to help in their pursuit of the Lord. Gwen’s son, Johan, was born only a week after the shower on August 24. Whew. That was close! He was 3 weeks early. Because the baby was born early, she barely missed any school. This was an evidence of God’s kindness and provision. Here are pictures from the shower and the birth:
6. Just yesterday, I showered Tidisha, another young lady Katherine met at the Hebron killing center. She is 20 years old and has a 5 year old daughter, Taylor. Tidisha is a sharp young lady and it was a joy to get to know her better. Her mother joined us for lunch and we had a wonderful Gospel-centered conversation. I had the opportunity to dispel many of Tidisha’s misconceptions about the Gospel. She realized that she has not been obeying Christ well and wondered if that disqualified her to receive His grace. I was privileged to tell her that God’s grace goes farther and deeper than our sin! What good news for us all! Pray that she comes to full faith and trust in Christ as Savior and Lord. She is expecting a baby girl, to be named Kayla, in early November. Astonishingly, SHE gave ME some baby items that she had duplicates of, including a crib and bedding set! That’s never happened at a shower before! She wants to help other women! Bless God! Here she is:
7. You might remember U’Leasa, who I reported on a few months ago. I have amazing news to convey! She and her boyfriend, Rinard, got married! God is clearly at work in her life and she is pursuing Him. We’ve had a great deal of email correspondence and it is a joy for me to witness! Just yesterday, Stephanie Grooms of Mercy Rains Photography gave this new little family a free photo session, including a disc of all the beautiful images she captured! What an extravagant gift! She offers this to the women I serve and it is an astonishing blessing. If you are interested in her photography, check out her website at www.facebook.com/mercyrains Here is a sample of the cuteness of little Analease, saved from abortion and now four months old:
UPCOMING: I have a shower coming up for Kayla on October 20; she’s expecting a boy in November.
Three more babies are due very soon: Erika’s son is due tomorrow, October 8, Robbie’s son is due November 6, and “Becca’s” daughter is due Wednesday, October 10. I’ll tell you about “Becca” when her daughter is born. I showered her in August. Hers is an INCREDIBLE story, which has impacted me deeply…more deeply than any story I can remember. Be looking for it soon and be in prayer for her any-day-now delivery.
Next I want to THANK YOU for your generous response to my August update. I was in desperate straits, but you all have filled my storehouse well! Thank you so much! Operating this ministry is such a blessing because I get a front row seat to God’s miraculous provision. Thank you for serving Him by providing for these moms and babies in our midst. This is true religion. Who is more abandoned (orphaned) in our culture today than the unborn child? It’s a privilege and an honor to be able to encourage these moms to turn their hearts to their children. It’s a joy to share Christ with them, a message most have never heard accurately. The gifts meet a dire practical need. Given in the name of Christ, they reflect and express His love and kindness to the mother. This simply opens the door to then be able to share the message of truth and hope. The message of life and salvation. The glorious Gospel. Thank you for equipping me to do this work. May God richly bless you for it!
Remember, you can always donate to Truth & Mercy via PayPal on the website: www.TruthAndMercyProlife.org
Alternatively, you can mail a check made out to Truth & Mercy to 4803 Crownvista Drive, Charlotte NC 28269
Donations of new or gently-used baby items are always welcome and appreciated!
Unfortunately, gifts are not tax-deductible.
A shout out of thanks to the GATE Pregnancy Center of Harrisburg, NC for the huge vanload of baby clothing recently donated! Wow! What an abundance of fall and winter clothing! Bless you!
For His glory alone,
Truth & Mercy Prolife Ministries
Please do not copy or forward this – to Facebook or any other media – without first deleting names and photos. I have meticulously explained how I use their images to the women I serve, and they have graciously permitted me to do so. These are carefully built relationships of trust. Thank you for understanding.